Wednesday 29 April 2020

If I'm the answer then it's a very bad question

Like so many up and down the land, those with sewing machines, I have been stitching scrubs for the NHS.


Initially I was given ten metres of black polycotton, which turned out to be double-width. After a bit of head-scratching about how to physically handle the volume of fabric and cut it in the most frugal manner on a very small table, I was able to cut out six sets.







Despite my other skills on the sewing machine, I'm not a dressmaker. For example, this is the sort of thing I've done before.

So if I'm the answer to the crisis gripping the nation and our health service, then it must be a very very bad question. We are not in a good place, folks.

8 comments:

  1. They look great. It's good to do something useful isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely. It’s just I shouldn’t have to.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, Iz, don't be so strict with yourself ...
    All these bits will surely help !

    (but you might want to make some colourful swirl on it ..... :-D !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a good idea! Yes it’s a good thing to do, but what a world when we have doctors and nurses in handmade clothes!

      Delete
  3. Agreed. But well done, all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you. I often wonder where all that tax and NI money is really going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you but it's so good to be able to do something positive at least. I am making medical gowns for community care use. All good fun! Keep up the brilliant work - they look lovely to me. x Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.