Friday 30 March 2012

Sparkly 'speriments

I've finished sorting my shiny "acquisitions"...


Well, kinda, they have sort of taken over the house...maybe they're breeding


and so I thought it was about time I had a serious 'speriment with the stuff:


I grabbed a random bit of fabric, pre-dyed goodness knows how many years ago, dug about and found various glues and gels and bonding substances, and had a play.

It was all a bit of a mess, to be honest, so at 10.30 last night I mixed up some pale blue acrylic and stamped a wooden block all over the place:


I quite like the way the print takes the edge off the foil.  A bit less "in your face".

I then had a quick doodle on scrap fabric with the flexible textile glue of no particular brand...ahem...and left it to dry overnight before foiling this morning:


Not so good - a bit "blobby" for my liking - in small doses it's probably acceptable, it's all about using it judiciously...

And this morning I found some more unexplored "media" in tubs and tubes and had another go with the stamping blocks.  A bit more subtle.


When I'm satisfied that this stuff works well, is the real deal (blimmin' well hope so!) and have further explored the bestest ways to use it, I'll have some sample packs in the shop.

Back to the experimenting!

1 comment:

  1. Those foils are beautiful! This is the first time I've heard of them, and now I'm thinking I'll have to invite some to breed in my studio. :)

    I love that you played around with them. Looks like so much fun. I just read an article about setting up a creative retreat for yourself at home, and I think you might enjoy it!

    http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-have-a-retreat-at-home

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.