Saturday 18 July 2020

Painting with Scissors

Continuing my play with paint, last weekend I took part in a short online class with the London Drawing Group, using Matisse as an inspiration.

I had to paint papers before the class, and thought I'd have another go at the gelli plate. 


It's all a bit hit and miss, but there were some bits that I liked so much I cut them out and stuck them in my journal instead of using them in the class! 


And then the actual playing with scissors. 




The class was on Zoom, and on my iPad I could only see the slides, and not the teacher (although I could hear her) so I wasn't at all sure what we were supposed to be doing. 



But it doesn't matter, it was great fun, and a lovely way to spend an hour on a Saturday afternoon. Have a look and see what else they're doing - the price is very reasonable (it's a donation of a suggested amount) and short enough to achieve something without too much overthinking!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea. Classes keep my spirits up and your colors certainly do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun! Love all the organic shapes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! I had no idea what I was doing, which is why I enjoyed it so much!

      Delete
  3. I did this class and loved it! Short bursts of learning definitely suit me better too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.