Thursday 11 October 2018

All the little bits...

If you know me, you'll also know that I collect all the little bits.

Actually, not just the little bits, but the bigger bits too. I have a whole basket (and several zippy folders and little boxes) of bits and pieces that are either recycled from a larger piece that is "no more", or never even made it into being a larger piece.


I keep these indefinitely, and every now and then I sort through them and start to chop and change and compile mini compositions - mini textile artworks.

I spend as much care and attention composing these as I do for much, much larger pieces of work. They are just as much a "part of me" as anything else I make.


Sometimes I even get a piece of stabiliser ready, so that I can start to stitch.



Sometimes I even get as far as finishing one of the minis and listing it on Etsy!


Mounted on a watercolour greetings card with envelope - to give away or ready to frame in a standard photo frame. FREE worldwide shipping and available from here
Sold already!


6 comments:

  1. I have lots of bits & pieces, which normally get cut into strips for making coiled fabric bowls. But I really.... really want to get back to hand work, and hope to follow your lead here. Thanks for the ongoing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure! I'm so pleased you're inspired.

      Delete
  2. Feeling guilty now. All my bits go in the bin because I have learned I never get around to doing anything with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a certain amount of guilt attached to the little pieces, too - when I see them I remember what they were destined to be, or be part of, which can stir up uncomfortable feelings if it was something that didn't work out. Pros and cons!

      Delete
  3. And sold already - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's the first time I've listed something, written about it, then sold it straight away. Spooky feeling!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.