Sunday 10 October 2010

Inspired

 
Found the above inside a building at the Weald & Downland museum.  I went in to look at the woodcarvers, but found this old piece of horticultural netting woven with ribbon and lolly sticks by school children much more interesting...
And while I'll never be able to afford a weekend course at West Dean, I can at least watch someone scranletting in front of it:

So after a day spent in the open air watching ploughing and hurdle making, meeting lots of long dogs (not all friendly), finding piglets playing in the coppice and breathing wood smoke, I have returned home with an urgent need to
  • dig out my drop spindle and find someone who can teach me to use it
  • find instructions for making nettle string
  • help N find a tractor - just a small one; I believe a Massey Ferguson 35X would fit the bill
  • find a little place with a log fire and a few acres to plough up every now and again, and an orchard and a few piggies and some chooks and a veg patch and some sheep (for the fleece)
  • buy a lottery ticket?
Meanwhile, my blog ban didn't last, but I may have found a way to deal with the creative block thanks to a  book I splashed out on at the Knitting & Stitching Show.  So I have got my To Do list under control and may even throw out my Tyvek...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.