Wednesday 8 September 2010

Can you tell what it is yet?

 
No, I can't tell what it is either.
I did a workshop with Gavin Fry last week.  We all had a great day with lots and lots of hand stitching (despite me being utterly useless at it - I have all the wrong sort of needles and threads, and don't know any fancy stitches). 
After a day's hard work, I came home with this little object.  It is unfinished (I think that's obvious).  Gavin had a lot of stitch on his little sculptures, and they were not quite so bulgy as this little creature.... I think some goggly eyes stuck on the horny bits might do the trick, as it has been sitting on my desk staring at me.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Iz thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. The fabric was soaked in salt water for 3/4 hours before wrapping the rusty metal in it.
    That wedding cake is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you having a day working with Gavin Fry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.