Friday 23 December 2011

We interrupt this post...

the post about bauble-making



bracelet-making
(beads found and leapt upon by me and the Girl in Hobbycraft last night - we had to kill time before picking up Mr Gonecycling, who seemed surprised that we were able to spend a happy hour in a craft shop - hello??)


mystery present stitching and constructing


mega-baking'n'decorating sessions


and snowglobe making'n'shakin'
 (I knew I hoarded those mini jars for a reason.  The first one looks like he's jogging around the jar, and the second one has come unstuck and just drifts around....know the feeling)


and box decorating and chocolate stitching'n'stuffing
 (thanks Gina!  And decoupage paper found in Hobbycraft, just along from the beads...the Girl and I have discovered a new craft.  The chocolates just need some tissue paper and their label: "Stuffed - the chocolates are, so you won't be" or some such, which I shall leave to the Girl to compose.)

.........

to stitch a very special name onto a very special someone's very first Christmas stocking:


Born late this evening, but not a moment too soon!
I've no idea how much he weighs as I forgot to ask, no doubt my sister will fill me in with all the details tomorrow - we just know he's finally here - only 13 days late! 

I think Christmas can start now.

Have a happy time, everyone - see you in the New Year if not before!




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new nephew! merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been very busy, your baking and stuffed chocolates look great. Have a great Christmas ...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly another domestic goddess (both you and the daughter!!)

    Merry Christmas and looking forward to reading more of your posts next year.

    Hilaryxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas to your family, wonderful to have a new nephew.
    Lots of wonderful creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the safe arrival of Jacob, my son James was 13 days late too, he was due on the 10th December (his dads birthday) instead he was born on the 23rd, he celebrated is 30th birthday yesterday! Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant chocolates! Welcome baby Jacob (great name). Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a lovely Christmas & here's to a fabulous 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.