Tuesday 8 March 2011

No hat eating this time

We made a bit of a mess in the kitchen this afternoon ("this aft" as we used to say when we lived in North Yorkshire):


Making galettes and crepes:

 

I made 12 galettes in one go.  Girl had two, with ham (and we had the inevitable fight over eating two baby lettuce leaves for a bit of greenery).  I filled some more with ham, mushrooms and cheese then wrapped them into little parcels and put them on a baking tray.  They are in the oven as I type, reheating and getting lovely and crispy.  The spare galettes are now frozen.  Crepes will be made fresh and eaten with sugar and lemon.  I'm drooling already...

I used this stuff for the galettes:


The Girl loves 'em and wanted more, but needed to go to Brownies.  I said I would eat my hat if they didn't do pancakes at Brownies.  Luckily, they did and she had three more but said they weren't as nice as mine.  Bloomin' think so too.

When she was gone, the cook had a little one to use up the batter and some mousetrap cheese from the back of the fridge, as supper was still a long way off:


Don't look too closely at the mat, the Girl must have used it to mop up her yoghurt and blackberry and apple on Sunday.

Meanwhile, in Whippet World:


"Please may I have a blankie on the bench, Mum.  I wish to soak up some rays".

And in stitching land, this took all day Sunday to stitch:


I knew from the start that it was a stinker, but felt strangely compelled to continue. 

I like this bit and will probably cut it out and chuck the rest:



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I didn't make pancakes this year. Jacob and his girlfriend cooked them instead. I like the cropped version of your stitched landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cropped landscape - hoe clever of you to think of doing that, I must remember to do that in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.