Thursday, 27 May 2010

Finished something!



I created the embellished background for this sometime before Christmas; it then got stuck in the plaggy "to do" wallet as I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

Then, with an urgent deadline to produce something "no bigger than A4, don't spend any money on it just use what you have" for a week's time, a deadline I've known about since January, I was suddenly inspired to dig it out and see what could be done. A bit of buzzing up and down with the machine, a few beads to hide the bodged bit, a bit of cable stitch (steady now) and job done. I did spend 60p on the piece of mountboard. Is that allowed?

To be sold at our Guild day with Maggie Grey, June 5. Non-members £15 (includes light lunch, homemade cakes....my job for next Friday), tickets available from the website: Tunbridge Wells Embroiderers' Guild

I also made some oat biscuits, using apple spread instead of sugar. They went in the bin, but only after we ate about three each - we couldn't bring ourselves to believe that they were horrid, and kept trying again. Woe. Think we may have cracked the flapjack recipe though. Needs a repeat performance just to verify, then will post!

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely! I'm coming to Tunbridge Wells EG next year... a talk I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...