Tuesday 6 October 2015

Catching up

Well gosh a mercy, it's been a long time. If you know me though, or follow me on Facebook or whatever, you will know that since I was last here I've been to Brittany, taught my first summer school at Missenden Abbey, had an exhibition, prepared my classes for this term, booked an amazing holiday for February, learnt a bit about painting, and generally had a hard time of it with Girl. I could have blogged about any of those things, but didn't, so here is a quick snapshot just to catch us all up: Brittany: We had a bit of a storm Which was terrifying, a bit floaty in that our tent was - floating - but did give rise to the expression "#waterproofgear" to be used hereafter in any inclement weather (one of the German boys came over to check we were OK, much to Girl's delight, and was checking and helping everyone in our section of the campsite because he "had the waterproofgear". And a big torch. Meanwhile, I was trying to move everything off the floor of our tent by the light of an LED tea light). But it wasn't all rain. Our last full day was definitely a beach day, so we tootled off down the coast to our "secret" beach i.e. only locals, no tourists - followed by the compulsory ice-cream from the little shop in Ploumoguer, eaten on the steps of the enclos paroissiaux:
Summer school:  I was terrified (but that's nothing new - I'm scared of everything!) but I had an absolute blast. A fabulous group, and wonderful work: Here is my Facebook post with the finished pieces (See my website for details of my 2016 courses at Missenden Abbey). Exhibition: No time for new work, apart from a few cards, but it was a lovely venue and I think we got it all together remarkably well - our first real group exhibition!
More pictures here. Holiday:
I'm already scared about driving my own snowmobile (obviously) but I'm ridiculously excited about our winter holiday to Norway. Must leave room in the suitcase for some knitwear and Sami anything!!  Painting: I went on a course with Emma Burnett, and painted this:
Not entirely sure I've found my métier! Which just leaves... Girl: Here she is in "colourful" mode
Funny thing is, it could be me at the same age. But don't tell her that!  

7 comments:

  1. So pleased you are back. I have been wondering what you have been doing...and now I know. Not much rest and relaxation evident! As I no longer 'do' Facebook, I really miss out on some things - but that is my choice and I was delighted to see your post this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Erica! It's nice to know I was missed! I admit, FB is lazy blogging, and I know it's not the same; I'll try harder :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Isobel, thanks for sharing your stories of life. Great artwork as always and I love the Sami culture too...the music of Mari Boine and so on...Regards to your girl and family and doggie...big hug Ingrid E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I must look up Mari Boine, not heard of her. Thank you for reading, take care x

      Delete
  3. Good to see you back on here. It's hard to keep up with posting when Facebook is so instant and then when the moment has passed it doesn't seem to warrant a blog post. I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great catch up such interesting things you've been doing. I'll look up Sami & so glad you're doing Great Missenden again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great catch up such interesting things you've been doing. I'll look up Sami & so glad you're doing Great Missenden again next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.