Monday 6 January 2014

A New Year boost

Nothing like oranges for a New Year boost!


I made these last week, for a something or other that I'm not sure I can talk about (sorry for being so cryptic, all will be revealed later in the year I'm sure)...

The wrapped and glued one looks a bit...gluey...but I'm quite pleased with the other one:


Stitched entirely by hand, as I took it to Wales to do over the holiday.  Goodness me, I can see why the sewing machine was invented...

Then yesterday evening there was another New Year boost to the system, with the invention of "eleventh night crumble".



 A very fine way to dispatch the leftover bramley apple, mincemeat, marzipan and cranberries!


(that's Greek yoghurt, not cream...)

And finally, there was another very definite perking up to the New Year with an email I received the other day, but this one I really can't say anything about yet! Suffice to say it's VERY exciting stuff and means I really need to get my act together and start stitching new things of my own instead of making crumbles and random orange things. As soon as I know more I promise I will post the news on here immediately! 

4 comments:

  1. What a tease! I do like your "oranges" though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oranges look good, crumble look delicious. Can't wait to find out what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tease!!! I rather like the sound of your crumble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iz! Shame on you! You cannot leave me dangling like this with that exciting news! You must tell!!!! ( ps I'm whippet sitting!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.