I actually made something! I even finished it in a day!
The Girl was home from school, overcome following a a family first the previous day: my very own child was selected to represent the school in a sports team! She played netball for three hours in the blazing sun, and by the time she came home she had more than a touch of sunstroke. So with the Girl needing an adult presence but nevertheless remaining in bed for most of the day, there was no dog walking for me but lots of time to stitch.
So I made a bookcover with my sparkly experimental fabric.
Here is the back:
And here is the inside flap:
I was going to bind the edges, but it was only when I was "nearly there" that I realised I shouldn't have folded the ends in if I wanted to bind all the way round. It's also a bit "quilty" and soft, so I have a nagging feeling that it looks a bit like an old lady's toiletries bag...
But still, I made something in a day!