Sunday 2 December 2012

Bags of books

Having over-achieved last week, I have since spent a week trying to find my desk.  I think I did some time around Friday afternoon, but I seem to have lost it again...

Meanwhile, here is a selection of books from the classes this week.  There will be more finished this coming week, and some pics are on my phone and I have no idea how to retrieve them...techonology, eh?


Jane's autumnal notebook cover - complete with dangly stitched bead a la Emma


Ann's very precise little patchwork notebook cover, awaiting its bead on the end of the cord


Not content with the gorgeous November notebook cover below, Tricia whipped up a photo album cover for a friend (above)


Carole surpassed herself with this pale blue nigella (love in a mist) notebook cover, with three button/cord closure:



Look at those beads! 


And Kathy had very firm ideas on the design for her notebook cover right from the start:



And finally, Tricia's book made from recycled Indian cotton (thank you Oxfam!) - just waiting for its button and some beaded ends...


Stop press!  I've had a rummage in the Drawer of Doom and found a lead to connect my phone to the PC....


Jane's little stab-stitch book - using wallpaper samples (I thought I'd gone a bit mad in Homebase, helping myself to yards of wallpaper samples, but then Jane got her mitts on a huge stack of some altogether more classy samples from John Lewis...)


And last but not least, Caroline's finished sketchbook cover for her daughter.

Phew!  There are more, and were more, but some people are coy and hide things away before I can snap a photo.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, they're all lovely, ( beautiful beads!)what a great selection. How did you attach the innards in the end, paper or fabric pages?

    I'll come back later to read about that amazing creation in your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nifty stuff.

    Have you seen that Angie Hughes has a book wrap cover featured in an E-book from Interweave (Artquilts etc.) If I can find the link I will send it to you.

    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely selection of book jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic results. You must be so proud of your students. The fabric beads on Carole's book are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are adorable, very nice selection. Thanks for sharing.

    WallPaperMore.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.