Friday 8 June 2012

Busy doing nothing

Just watching the sparrows devouring my pea plants


trying to ignore the Whippet's demands for attention




"Oh PLEASE Mum can I sit on your lap?"


"Great!  I do fold up small, I won't be any trouble..."


Shame about the slightly ridiculous ears....

And what better way to spend a half-term than sorting the Playmobil for storage.  The two cousins are too young for it at the mo, being 5 months and unborn respectively.  Well, I'm sure the Girl could think of many alternative occupations for a rainy half-term, but tough - someone had to reunite all the people with their hats and swords and diving helmets and so on, and only the Girl knows what belongs to whom....


And with the Girl suitably occupied, I dug out the embellisher and started to try some more ideas for Art Trail.  I remember this from last year - the panic beginning about now, short deadlines etc - the embellisher is definitely the answer!


Bracelet Idea 1.


Bracelet Idea 2. 
A sort of wraparound bracelet.  I'm trialling it as I type...it's certainly warm around the wrist, maybe good for rheumatism?

And then late last night, I cracked how to make wired fabric petals


And made a flower....


I haven't worked out what to do with it yet, because today was spent out and about with the Girl.  We went to Lewes and found TREASURE in Oxfam:


And after lunch we went for a walk in the woods, just to hear the racket with the wind walloping through the trees.  There were lots of lovely sticks, so I had to bring some home:


Gosh, that little arrangement makes me so happy.  Why do I have a compulsion to collect sticks (and fabric)?  If it had been a beach walk, I would have brought back shells or pebbles...

The lovely lovely block printed fabric was from the India Shop.  It cost slightly less in Oxfam than it does online.   There was sparkly sari fabric too, but I resisted...

Here are all the different patterns in the pack

Now what?!  Just look at it, drool a little...

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I bought a couple of packets of that fabric once, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bracelets especially the first one. Hope that dog has settled down for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a playmolbil session like that and then sold lts of it. We have since continued to find all manner of playmolbil accessories.... Bows, carrots, coins.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Whippet is so cute, curled up like that!

    So the Embellisher is a machine that lets you do felting? Amazing! I love the cuffs and the flower. So, so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.