Whether it was finally sorting the little house to be a studio, booking a venue and confirming my solo venture, finding out that I got a "1" for my observed teaching session back in March (like my Ma said, I hope that's the right end of the scale - nothing like positive affirmations from the family, eh? I think a 1 is an Outstanding - but I'm not sure, because someone told me that you couldn't get a 1 for teaching craft because you don't use enough IT...). Basically I was getting all positive and optimistic and thought I knew what I was doing....
So it was inevitable that when I tried to stitch a little something, just random, something to get the ol' sewing machine warmed up again, something like this appeared:
What was I thinking? Clearly I wasn't...what's with all the orange segments?
I know, let's stitch black all over it:
Yikes, the orange looks worse than ever. Quick, hide it:
Right! That's it! I can't stand it any more. Time to cut it up.
OK. This is just too much. Let's call it a day and finish these things.
And to top it all, the new Blogger Interface is here, the season has reverted to winter, I've been reading a very depressing book about all the things we shouldn't be eating if we want to avoid getting lardy and die of heart disease or diabetes, and I've been told that I can't promote my own courses and teach for adult ed pepes at the same time. That's going to get slightly tricky, methinks....time to give up and lounge around on the sofa all day eating cake instead.