Wednesday 25 January 2012

Snippets and senses

I've been trying to recover from all the tidying, and slowly crank myself up to creating things again.

I made a start by making a lavender bag, to hold the lavender I'd found in one of the drawers of the Megacupboard:


It's a bit over the top for something that's just going to be stuffed inside my pillow, but I got to enjoy the novelty of being able to choose the fabrics from an organised drawerful very close to my desk, instead of having to hike up and down the stairs to choose...

And it took a whole day to stitch, partly due to spending a morning gossiping with friends, but mostly because my head was beginning to fill with goo.  Too much information probably, but it's the reason I'm not teaching this evening...and of course I can't smell the lavender now!

I've also been trying to use up all my snippets to create something intuitive and spontaneous (and as you can see, un-ironed).


I started off randomly stitching by hand, but then began to use the machine a little bit. 

Here is the progress so far:



I'm not sure why everything is so blue in daylight...in the evening it looks like this:


I'm not sure what it is yet, but now it's all constructed I'm going to add machine stitching. 

But not tonight.  Tonight I'm mostly sniffling and snuffling and generally feeling sorry for myself!  I haven't had a cold in ages, so I'm not taking it well, in fact, I'm quite cross...it probably all comes of going in to help at the Girl's school last week :(

3 comments:

  1. Tissues at the ready!

    I am envious - all that tidying. All I seem to have to show for January is more chaos and at last, at last my piece finished for Bletchley Park!

    Day job on the other hand......... but I won't bore you with that.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    Hilary
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting the lavender bag finished... and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your snippets creations--just very fun and colorful! I've been cleaning out too. Trying to tame the urge, but I find I'm also finishing up some things. I purposely leave the leftover bits of fabric from projects in a pile on the floor so that I'll get annoyed with it and sit down and sew the bits to a background fabric. The piles getting big and dusty--I better get to it!
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.