Wednesday 14 July 2010

Stuff I've been meaning to do for ages...

I’ve had “try using papier mâché paste with fabric” on my To Do list for weeks now, and this morning I finally got round to trying it. Took about 5 minutes, as the paste was already made up (to make the wretched Egyptian tomb homework) and has been lurking at the back of the fridge ever since….
And just as I had hoped, the fabric is unmarked and unblemished – no shiny bits, no flaky bits, no white marks….just glued down and ready to stitch. So I did. I even tried “tricky” fabrics like felt and silk…and look what happens when you hold it up to the light!


I also finally got round to a first attempt at a chimney brush brooch. This isn’t IT exactly, this is just half-finished with a scrappy embroidered flower sat on top to see what it would look like.



Any other suggestions how I could make the bristles? These are machine wrapped twisted wire with beads at the end inside the twist.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love reading your comments, and always reply personally if I can.